Andrew Arons is a corporate partner in the New York office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. He has corporate and transactional counseling experience with an emphasis on advising private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies and other private companies in connection with a variety of transactional and advisory matters. He has extensive experience with acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, dispositions, going private transactions and minority investments, and frequently counsels clients on a variety of corporate governance and strategic matters.
Andrew has been involved in the following representations:
- Alight Solutions, a leading cloud-based provider of integrated digital human capital and business solutions, in its business combination agreement with Foley Trasimene Acquisition Corp. (NYSE: WPF, WPF WS), a special purpose acquisition company (DeSPAC).
- Alight Solutions in its acquisition of Life Account, LLC (d/b/a Constellation Health).
- Alight Solutions in its acquisition of Appirio Inc. from Wipro Limited.
- Alight Solutions in its acquisition of Northgate (NGA) from affiliates of Goldman Sachs.
- Alight Solutions in its acquisition of Choice Health.
- Syndigo, a portfolio company of The Jordan Company, in its carve-out acquisition of branded product content platform Kwikee from SGSCO, a portfolio company of Onex Corporation.
- Syndigo and The Jordan Company in the recapitalization of Syndigo by Summit Partners.
- Syndigo in its acquisition of Attribytes.
- The Jordan Company and Capstone Logistics in Capstone Logistics' sale to H.I.G. Capital.
- The Jordan Company in its acquisition of Heartland Home Services, a leading technology-enabled provider of residential HVAC, plumbing, electrical and indoor air quality services in the Midwestern United States, from North Branch Capital, LLC.
- The Jordan Company in its acquisition of Spectrio, LLC, a leading provider of marketing content management solutions for a variety of end markets, from affiliates of Bertram Capital Management, LLC.
- The Jordan Company in its acquisition of Potters Industries, LLC, the performance materials segment of publicly traded PQ Group Holdings, Inc.
- The Jordan Company in its acquisition of AIT Worldwide Logistics.
- The Jordan Company in its acquisition of Transportation Impact.
- KKR in its acquisition of Flow Control Group from Bertram Capital.
- TPG Capital in its investment in LifeStance Health.
- KKR in its pending acquisition of Novaria Group from Rosewood Private Investments and Tailwind Advisors.
- Harvest Partners, LP in the acquisition of Service Express.
- Alight Solutions in its acquisition of Hodges-Mace.
- Altas Partners and Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec in the pending sale of Capital Vision Services, LP (operating under the “MyEyeDr.” Brand”) to the Merchant Banking Division of Goldman Sachs.
- Quick International Courier in its sale to Kuehne + Nagel.
- The Jordan Company in its acquisition of Sabre Industries.
- The Jordan Company on the take-private acquisition of Bojangles’ Inc. by a consortium that included The Jordan Company, Durational Capital Management and GIC.
- KKR in its acquisition of Geostabilization International.
- The Jordan Company in its acquisition of Simpleview Inc.
- The Jordan Company in its acquisition of Gladson, LLC (n/k/a Syndigo, LLC).
- Alight Solutions in its acquisition of Wipro's Workday and Cornerstone OnDemand business.
- L Catterton and Ainsworth Pet Nutrition in the $1.9 billion sale of Ainsworth Pet Nutrition to The J.M. Smucker Company.
- The Jordan Company in its acquisition of Young Innovations, Inc.
- SpecialtyCare and American Securities in the sale of SpecialtyCare to Kohlberg & Company, L.L.C.
- The Jordan Company in its acquisition of Odyssey Logistics & Technology Corporation.
- Quick International, LLC and The Jordan Company in the acquisition of Unitrans International Corporation.
- Trilantic North America in its acquisition of OrthoLite.
- L Catterton in its investment in Equinox Fitness Clubs.
- The Jordan Company in its strategic investment in Invo Healthcare Associates LLC.
- DiversiTech and The Jordan Company in the sale of DiversiTech to Permira.
- The Jordan Company in its acquisition and recapitalization of Quick International Courier.
- The Blackstone Group in its $4.8 billion acquisition of Aon plc's technology-enabled benefits and HR platform.
- L Catterton in its acquisition of Leslie’s Holdings, Inc.
- King’s Ready Mix, a family-owned company, in its sale to U.S. Concrete Inc.
- Contech Engineered Solutions in its sale to QUIKRETE Holdings Inc.
Prior to joining Kirkland, Andrew’s representative matters included:
- Altas Partners in its acquisition of Capital Vision Services, LP.
- American Securities LLC in its acquisitions of Tekni-Plex, Inc. from Oaktree Capital Management, L.P., and Royal Adhesives and Sealants, LLC from Arsenal Capital Partners, and in its majority investment in SpecialtyCare.
- CCMP Capital Advisors, LLC in the $164 million initial public offering of Ollie’s Bargain Outlet, Inc.; its acquisition of an approximate 47% interest in PQ Holdings, Inc. from The Carlyle Group and its $890 million acquisition of Eco Services from Solvay, SA, and, thereafter, the business combination of the two companies; and in its $1.475 billion acquisition of a controlling interest in The Hillman Companies, Inc. from Oak Hill Capital Partners.
- CVC Capital Partners in its acquisition of majority control of Cunningham Lindsey Group Limited from Stone Point Capital and Fairfax Financial Holdings.
- EQT Infrastructure in its sale of Restaurant Technologies, Inc. to a group of investors led by Aurora Capital Group.
- GS Infrastructure Partners in its investment in, and capital commitment to, Vertical Bridge, and as minority investor in Mount Royal Holdings LLC in its recapitalization of ExteNet Systems, Inc.
- Levine Leichtman Capital Partners and Luminator Technology Group, LLC in the sale of Luminator to the Audax Group.
- Lindsay Goldberg in its sale of Epax to FMC Corporation and sale of Keystone Foods to Marfrig Alimentos SA.
- Snow Phipps in its acquisition of Teasdale Foods from Palladium Equity Partners, in its sale of ArrMaz Custom Chemicals, Inc. to Golden Gate Capital and in its acquisition of Efficient Collaborative Retail Marketing Company LLC.
- Teasdale Foods in its acquisitions of Mesa Foods, Jardine’s Foods and the “Casa Fiesta” brands.
- THL Partners in its acquisition of 1-800 CONTACTS, Inc. from WellPoint, Inc. and subsequent sale of a majority stake to AEA Investors.
Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
Moderator, Panel on Middle Market Buyouts, Wharton Private Equity & Venture Capital Virtual Conference, April 9, 2021
Admissions & Qualifications
2009, New York
- Fordham University School of LawJ.D.magna cum laude, 2008
- Yale University, B.A., 2005