- 1. Career
Chris Scott-Hansen is a Managing Director of Morgan Stanley Wealth Management based in New York City. He is Head of Morgan Stanley’s Trading & Managed Solutions which includes business management over:
- Equity & Options trading desks for Morgan Stanley Wealth Management
- Fixed Income trading desks for the advisory business and E*TRADE
- Unified Managed Account(UMA) and Separately Managed Account(SMA) Portfolio Management
- Morgan Stanley Tax Services
- Managed Advisory Portfolio Solutions (MAPS)
The Morgan Stanley Portfolio Risk Platform and overall Aladdin risk strategy for the firm Chris previously headed up the Trust and Retirement divisions for Morgan Stanley which included individual retirement, business retirement, insurance, annuities, trust services, and financial planning. Prior to his role in the retirement space, Chris spent 18 years in the advisory and asset management businesses. Prior to joining Morgan Stanley, Chris was a long only equity and multi-strategy portfolio manager with Legg Mason/ClearBridge Investments (formally Shearson/Smith Barney/Citigroup Asset Management). Chris earned a B.S. in Finance from Bryant University in Rhode Island.