Blackstone Targets Majority Ownership in Haldiram’s: A Strategic Investment Move
Blackstone Targets Majority ...
Subscribe to Newsletter

Blackstone Targets Majority Ownership in Haldiram’s: A Strategic Investment Move

9 July 2024
1738
2 min.
5
Blackstone Targets Majority Ownership in Haldiram’s: A Strategic Investment Move

Blackstone’s Bold Move

Blackstone Inc., a leading private equity firm, is reportedly in the final stages of negotiations to acquire a significant stake in Haldiram’s, a renowned Indian snack company. The deal, which involves the founding Agrawal family, could potentially value Haldiram’s at a staggering INR 70,000 crore, according to various media outlets.

For several months, Blackstone has been engaging with the Agrawal family members based in Delhi and Nagpur. The discussions also involve consortium partners Abu Dhabi Investment Authority and Singapore’s GIC, who are known to back Blackstone’s global funds. Despite initial stagnation due to valuation disagreements, the negotiations have recently regained momentum.

Insider sources reveal that the Blackstone consortium initially aimed to acquire up to 76% of Haldiram’s. However, the Agrawal family has been reluctant to relinquish such a controlling stake. “The family members have had numerous discussions about the company’s valuation. They are not keen on giving away a 76% controlling stake as the private equity investors desired. They wish to retain a larger share of the business. While some family members were considering selling only a 51% stake, the ongoing discussions with Blackstone are likely to result in a stake sale closer to 74%,” said a source close to the matter.

If the deal comes to fruition, it will mark the largest private equity takeover in India’s history. However, the discussions with Blackstone are not yet finalized and could still fall through. The promoters of Haldiram’s are also contemplating other options, such as taking the company public.

In the meantime, the Agrawal family’s Delhi and Nagpur branches are consolidating their FMCG businesses, Haldiram Snacks Private Limited and Haldiram Foods International Private Limited, into a new entity named Haldiram Snack Foods Private Limited. The Delhi branch will hold a 56% stake in this new company, while the Nagpur branch will own the remaining 44%. The merger has received approval from the Competition Commission of India and is expected to be completed in the coming months.

As Ratan Tata, an eminent Indian industrialist, once said, “In the face of adversity, we often discover courage and strengths we never knew we had.”

Persons1 and Companies4 in the news

Former chairman of Tata Sons
1 place
Haldiram's
2 place
Blackstone
4 place
Section:
Source foto:
flickr.com
Rating companies
Netflix
15 Mention
Instagram
14 Mention
Tesla
12 Mention
Amazon
10 Mention
Ford Motor Company
10 Mention
JP Morgan Chase
9 Mention
White House
7 Mention

NEW YORK NEWS

News from GlobalNY.biz is the freshest and most relevant information about high-profile events in the region. The task of the resource's news feed is to convey to readers with maximum accuracy and objectivity information about important events in business, politics, economy, healthcare, culture and other spheres of life in New York.
GlobalNY.biz news is a coverage of economic processes taking place in New York, the latest news of public life, incidents and an overview of political events. New York news is information about the activities of small and medium-sized businesses, the work of housing and communal services and utilities, the implementation of significant projects.
The site's journalists describe not only the life of the region, but also talk about the current state of the US economy. Everything you need to know about innovations in the field of industry and agriculture, economy and power is collected in the "News" section at GlobalNY.biz.
New York news quickly informs the reader, shows the real picture and opens up hot topics. Communication with government structures and business enables us to provide our readers with reliable, information-rich material. The main page of the portal contains the key news of New York!
Alena Potapova

Development Director
Population
8139848443
Died this year
32892153
Born this year
80920518