Richard Ray Larsen is an American politician and lobbyist serving as the United States representative for Washington's 2nd congressional district and a member of the Democratic Party. He was first elected to the House of Representatives in 2000 and was reelected in each of the ten subsequent elections, most recently in 2020.
Larsen is a member of the House Armed Services Committee and the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee.
Early life, education and career
Born in Arlington, Washington, Larsen attended Pacific Lutheran University and the University of Minnesota, earning a master's degree in public affairs. He formerly worked as director of public affairs for the Washington State Dental Association and as a lobbyist for the dental profession.
U.S. House of Representatives
- United States House Committee on Armed Services
- Subcommittee on Strategic Forces
- Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Subcommittee on Aviation (Chair)
- U.S.-China Working Group
- Electronic Warfare Working Group
- School Safety Caucus
- Caucus to Fight and Control Methamphetamine
- Congressional Arts Caucus
- Congressional Puget Sound Recovery Caucus
- Afterschool Caucuses
- Congressional NextGen 9-1-1 Caucus
- U.S.-Japan Caucus
- Congressional Solar Caucus
- New Democrat Coalition