Founded by Nate Anderson, CFA, CAIA, Hindenburg Research specialises in financial forensic research. The company's experience in investment management spans decades, with a focus on equity, credit and derivative analysis.
Although Hindenburg Research uses fundamental analysis to make investment decisions, the company believes that the most effective research results are those obtained by identifying difficult to access information from non-typical sources. In particular, Hindenburg Research often looks for situations in which companies can have any combination:
- Accounting irregularities
- Bad actors in management or key service provider roles
- Undisclosed related-party transactions
- Illegal/unethical business or financial reporting practices
- Undisclosed regulatory, product, or financial issues