Belmont Metals was founded by George Henning in 1896 as a dealership for non-ferrous metals on Brooklyn Belmont Avenue. Today Belmont Metals is an extremely diversified and recognized source of a wide variety of non-ferrous metal compositions and shapes.
Belmont traces its origins to W. Henning & Sons, a non-ferrous metal merchant founded by George Henning on Brooklyn Belmont Avenue in 1896. From its inception as a supplier of finished recycled materials, the company expanded into non-ferrous ingots - initially lead and zinc alloys, and shortly thereafter with the addition of solder, babbitt, brass and bronze. Starting with coke ovens, Belmont now operates a range of electrical induction and gas smelting equipment, carefully monitored by its state-of-the-art spectrographic analytical laboratory, designed in accordance with modern requirements. Additional operations, including shearing, sanding, sieving and polishing, expand the product range. Belmont Metals Inc. continues to do business on the same site. Keeping pace with market demands for capacity expansion, its factory size is currently 80,000 sq. M. Ft. George Henning and other family members could not have foreseen the extent of Belmont's development. Richard G. Henning, their third generation president, argues that it was their leadership and vision that gave the company the necessary skills to build the integrated company it is today. The company remains committed to the original corporate philosophy of quality and service.