Christopher J. Nassetta is President and Chief Executive Officer for Hilton. He joined the company in 2007.
Previously, Mr. Nassetta was President and Chief Executive Officer of Host Hotels & Resorts, Inc., a position he held since 2000. He joined Host Hotels & Resorts, Inc. in 1995 as Executive Vice President and was elected Chief Operating Officer in 1997.
Before joining Host Hotels & Resorts, Inc., Mr. Nassetta co-founded Bailey Capital Corporation in 1991, where he was responsible for the operations of the real estate investment and advisory firm. Prior to founding Bailey Capital Corporation, he spent seven years at The Oliver Carr Company, ultimately serving as Chief Development Officer. In this role, he was responsible for all development and related activities for one of the largest commercial real estate companies in the mid-Atlantic region.
Mr. Nassetta serves on multiple boards and organizations including:
- World Travel & Tourism Council – Chairman for the organization that works to raise awareness of travel and tourism as one of the world’s largest industries.
- CoStar Group, Inc. – Independent Director of the nation’s leading provider of electronic commercial real estate information.
- Federal City Council – Member of the non-profit, non-partisan organization dedicated to the improvement of the nation’s capital.
- The Economic Club of Washington, D.C. – Member of the nonprofit that promotes collaboration among business leaders, government officials, and members of the diplomatic corps and creates a forum for them to express their views on the most important economic issues of the day.
- Arlington Free Clinic – Supporter of the non-profit, community-based, volunteer-driven organization that is committed to providing access to quality health care services to low-income, uninsured county residents.
- The Real Estate Roundtable – Former Chairman and member of the organization that brings together leaders of the nation’s top public and privately held real estate ownership, development, lending, and management firms with the leaders of major national real estate trade associations to jointly address key national policy issues relating to real estate and the overall economy.
Mr. Nassetta graduated from the University of Virginia McIntire School of Commerce with a degree in finance. He currently serves on the McIntire School of Commerce Advisory Board.